- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Evelyn Sakash, an Emmy-winning production designer who was known to be a hoarder, has been found dead under a pile of garbage in her New York City home. She was 66.
She was found Tuesday lying on her kitchen floor buried under garbage, an NYPD spokesperson said.
Sakash was found by her sister, who had hired a cleaning crew to clear out the woman’s home in the College Point section of Queens and look for her, police said. The sister and the cleaners found Sakash around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, they said.
Sakash worked on films including Mermaids, released in 1990, and 2014’s Still Alice, according to her IMDB page. She won a Daytime Emmy Award in 2003 for Between the Lions.
Her other TV credits include the Nickelodeon series Allegra’s Window and an episode of Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black.
A police missing person report said Sakash was last seen alive on Sept. 30, 2020. The city medical examiner’s office will determine her cause of death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day