- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Poehler still hasn’t won an Emmy, but at least she got her acceptance speech read on Sunday night.
The Parks and Recreation funnywoman has been nominated for TV’s highest honor each of the past five years (the first two for SNL, the past three for P&R), and while some spurned nominees get frustrated, Poehler chooses to get even. Jokingly, of course.
When it was announced that Julia Louis-Dreyfus had won the Best Leading Actress in a Comedy award for her role in Veep, she and Poehler both stood up, collided and, consequently, mixed up their notes. That led to the three-time winner reading Poehler’s would-be acceptance speech, at least until the error became obvious.
Soon, the two would swap speeches and all would be well — especially for Poehler, who may or may not have sneaked in a little surprise at the end.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day