- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though many rainbow hues showed up on the red carpet for Sunday night’s Emmy Awards, there were countless A-listers rocking classic black with a twist. Some of the night’s biggest stars shone in LBDs — long black dresses.
Aubrey Plaza donned a simple silhouette — deep V-neck, one leg slit — by Alexandre Vauthier that was spiced up with sparkles. Sarah Paulson, too, went with a full sequined look, in a structured off-the-shoulder frock by Prabal Gurung. Natasha Lyonne also went off-the-shoulder in a chic LBD that had a fringe skirt.
Taraji P. Henson’s Alexander Wang gown featured a sheer skirt, and would have been relatively subdued if not for the small triangular cutout and heavy silver chain straps. Amanda Peet’s gorgeous brocade Michael Kors gown, with its full skirt, showed a little skin, too, courtesy of a larger upper midriff cutout.
Amy Poehler accessorized her illusion crop-top LBD by Michael Kors with lots of chunky bangles and a beautiful new hair color. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Julie Bowen (in Georges Chakra Couture) and Kate McKinnon are three others who looked fantastic in versions of classic black, but with fun details. And Jamie Lee Curtis (pictured above) looked statuesque in a long-sleeve black sheath with jeweled cuffs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day