- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are hundreds of galleries on the Internet devoted to Zooey Deschanel‘s nail art. They show nautical-themed nails, holiday creations, the televisions from the 2012 Emmys, the tuxedos from the 2012 Golden Globes and the movie reels from the 2013 Globes. And who could forget the adorable daisies from this year’s Globes? So what mini masterpiece did she decide to do for the 2014 Emmys?
Nothing but a hot pink stripe across a soft pink nail. That’s it. No petite paintings on her talons this year. And it worked beautifully. L’Oreal Paris nail artist Tom Bachik, who has created at least a half dozen notable looks on the star in the past two years, told Pret-a-Reporter: “She wanted to keep it simple with a modern feel. We wanted to complement the dress and make it the focal point.” He used a baby-pink polish and electric pink nail art tape in a horizontal line to create the subtly playful look that coordinated with Deschanel’s Oscar de la Renta gown.
Is this the end of nail art as a red-carpet accessory? Well, E! hasn’t retired its mani cam yet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day