- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Sep. 12 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.“>
As other partygoers, including Will Arnett and New Girl creator Liz Meriwether, stood at the valet outside of the WME bash Aug. 23, the jolly author, sporting a thick beard and shiny vest, took a seat and graciously (and very seriously) fielded a long string of fanboy questions from an unidentified cameraman.
Among them: the creepiest gift he’s ever received from a fan? “A copy of Misery,” he said, acknowledging that he’s happy to engage with readers because he remembers all too well when nobody would show up for his book signings.
But Martin — who proudly touted his own Ice Bucket Challenge performance from earlier in the day (“God help us all, but winter is coming!” he said before being drenched) — scored the biggest laugh when the interviewer asked whether he would reveal how the final two books in the Thrones series will end: “I may be a little drunk from the party,” chuckled Martin, “but I’m still not going to tell you that!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day