- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With less than two weeks to go before the 2018 Emmys officially kick off with the Creative Arts Awards ceremony, the Television Academy on Tuesday announced the first crop of winners.
Juried winners were named for both outstanding individual achievement in animation and outstanding motion design, with The Simpsons scoring its 33rd Emmy win over its long history with the awards. It took the juried animation prize alongside Adventure Time, Hey Arnold!, Jungle Movie, The Number on Great-Grandpa’s Arm, The Scariest Story Ever: A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular and Steven Universe.
In motion design, nods went to Broad City and Starz’s Wasted! The Story of Food Waste.
All of the juried winners will be presented with their awards on Sept. 8 and Sept. 9 during the Creative Arts ceremonies — untelevised shows which will precede the main event, the Sept. 17 Primetime Emmys on NBC, by a week.
The 2018 Creative Arts ceremonies announced on Monday that Neil Patrick Harris, Jane Lynch, Samira Wiley, Carol Burnett, RuPaul Charles and the cast of Fuller House are among its first crop of presenters.
Interestingly, no award was given in the outstanding innovation in interactive programming category this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day