- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One of the best perks of being Emmy host? Getting to hang out in the most glamorous bathroom of all time.
In what was one of the edgier opening sketches in memory, the evening’s MC, Jimmy Kimmel, got some much needed help from an impressive group of television’s top actresses. That he was able to work in a tweak at Hollywood’s favorite age-defying beauty procedure, and give center stage to TV’s insurgent “it girl,” made it all the most impressive.
After Zooey Deschanel, Christina Hendricks and Mindy Kaling practiced their “surprised” facial reactions, prepped and ready to go in case they won (sadly, they didn’t), Kimmel darted like a scorned high school freshman into a toilet stall, all sobs and screams.
Prying open the wrong stall door, Nashville star Connie Britton found Girls multi-hyphenate Lena Dunham sitting naked, eating a birthday cake, as relaxed about her exposure as she is on her HBO show. It was, in a sense, a true arrival for the 26-year old, who was nominated for four awards on the evening and is hailed for pushing the envelope in a sometimes-timid industry.
Eventually, the ladies found Kimmel, who was the victim of some terrible botox work. Luckily, they had a solution for his face — and his pants problem.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day