- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel‘s parents claim they weren’t in on the telecast gag that had them escorted out of the Nokia Theatre.
Mid-broadcast, Kimmel called out to his mom, Joan, and dad, Jim, telling them he was crushed he hadn’t won for best variety show. He had them ejected because, after they told him for years he could do anything he set his mind to, it turned out “you lied to me.”
Real security guards materialized to rather roughly hoist them away — perhaps accounting for Mama Kimmel’s seemingly authentically perplexed reaction. “It wasn’t a bit!” she insisted later that night.
Then, because of security, they couldn’t get back to their seats for a half-hour. No harm, however. They were partying at Kimmel’s Soho House bash until 1:30 a.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day