- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Oct. 4 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
There are always fetes for awards-show winners — but losers have never had a place to go to drown their sorrows. Until now.
Jon Hamm and Amy Poehler, both multi-nominated Emmy losers (including this year), created the first Emmy Party Losers Lounge at Soho House for after the telecast.
Lots of famous losers showed up: Jimmy Kimmel, Elisabeth Moss, David Spade, Fred Armisen and January Jones.
Winners were allowed in only if they made a donation to the Worldwide Orphans fund.
STORY: Tina Fey, ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Vince Gilligan, Aaron Sorkin Hit THR’s Star-Studded Emmys Party
In the end, both winners (Tina Fey, 2011 winner Ty Burrell) and many losers ponied up, raising almost $20,000. The hosts gifted donors with engraved bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Bachelor’ Creator Mike Fleiss Responds to Report of Investigation Into Racial Discrimination Amid Show Exit
The Drew Barrymore Show
Jason Ritter Reflects on How Alcoholism Battle Impacted Early Relationship With Melanie Lynskey
‘The Power’ Review: Toni Collette and John Leguizamo in an Amazon Sci-Fi Thriller Full of Untapped Potential