- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Emmys red carpet has so far seen a mostly safe color palette, save for one unpredictable combination that is traditionally a fashion “no-no.” Stars have turned out in striking pink and red gowns that on paper don’t seem as though they would work, but have resulted in one of the most head-turning trends of the night.
Moore is in a custom Brandon Maxwell pink twill gazar blouse and red crepe cummerbund skirt. The blouse falls gently off the shoulder and is punctuated by Sophia Loren bombshell-esque hair and makeup.
Henson’s dress is decidedly sexier — an airy lingerie-inspired look with a plunging V-neck and high slit up the front of the powder pink skirt. For Tomei and Watson, the red and pink direction came in a more festive silhouettes. Tomei wore a one-shoulder style with a blouson sleeve. Watson also wore blouson sleeves which fell off the shoulder as a stark contrast to a body-skimming red dress.
Perhaps provoked by the unexpected colors put forth by recent Gucci collections or just a surefire way to stand out on the red carpet, pink and red made a lasting statement that the Emmy awards haven’t seen in awhile.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day