- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
As everybody at upfronts and beyond knows, Fox TV Group chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman gifted the team behind big hit Empire with fancy Rolex watches. But actor Jussie Smollett told THR he still has yet to put the bling on his wrist.
“I never would’ve bought a Rolex in my life,” laughed the Billboard Music Awards performer at UCLA’s Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation’s recent Taste for a Cure fundraiser. “I’m going to have it sitting there only for a momentous occasion, because I can’t imagine going outside with something that expensive on my wrist unless I bring pepper spray.” Smollett added that he doesn’t need a reminder of his good times. “It feels like a billion dreams are coming true. I wake up every day and thank God, my mom, Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day