- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The top of Wednesday’s ratings looks a lot like it did a week ago, with Empire leading the night in adults 18-49 and NBC’s ‘Chicago’ trio scoring a total-viewer win.
Empire matched its week-ago 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic to lead the broadcast nets in primetime. Star followed with a 1.2, off slightly week to week.
Chicago Med (1.2) and Chicago Fire (1.3) were each down a tenth of a point in the demo, but they were the two most watched shows of the evening (Fire‘s 7.86 million viewers led the way). Chicago P.D. posted its seventh straight 1.2, dating back to the last three episodes of 2017-18.
ABC’s veteran comedies had a tough night. The Goldbergs recorded a series low of 1.1 in adults 18-49, and Modern Family tied its low at 1.3. American Housewife (1.0), the just extended Single Parents (1.0) and A Million Little Things (0.8) all held steady.
Survivor came down two tenths to 1.4 on CBS, and SEAL Team (0.8) and Criminal Minds (0.7) followed with minor declines. Riverdale (0.4) lost a tenth from its premiere last week on The CW, while All American held at 0.2.
Fox’s 1.4 average in the 18-49 demo won the night, beating NBC’s 1.2. ABC and CBS tied for third at 1.0. The CW was well off the pace at 0.3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day