- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It appears Mo’Nique and Lee Daniels aren’t seeing eye-to-eye once again.
“Mr. Daniels offered me the part of Cookie, and I have the emails and the sides to go along with it, and what he said was, ‘I’m new to this TV thing. This is just a technicality, … you have the role,'” she said. “Okay. I have the emails. Well, four days have gone by because I didn’t receive a phone call or another email for the location of where I was supposed to go to do this screen test.”
Ultimately, Mo’Nique says, Fox — which airs Empire — felt she was difficult to work with and things didn’t move forward. (A rep for the show told Billboard they have no comment.)
Empire co-creator Danny Strong weighed in on Twitter, shooting down Mo’Nique’s claims.
— Danny Strong (@Dannystrong) February 28, 2015
— Danny Strong (@Dannystrong) March 1, 2015
Strong’s second remark was retweeted by Henson.
Billboard reached out to a rep for Daniels and Mo’Nique, but did not immediately receive a response.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day