- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Lyon family is about to meet a member of the Willis clan.
Empire has tapped Rumer Willis for a recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Willis will play Tory Ash, a brilliant but volatile singer-songwriter whose talent becomes invaluable to Jamal (Jussie Smollett) as he creates his most important musical work yet. Her own attempt to make a crossover comeback and her unwillingness to shy away from controversy will have ripple effects throughout Empire.
She joins an impressive group of season-three guest stars that includes Mariah Carey, Taye Diggs, Phylicia Rashad, French Montana, Birdman, Romeo Miller and Sierra McClain, among others.
The role brings Willis back to the small screen, where she previously recurred on 90210 and Hawaii Five-0. Her film credits include What Lies Ahead, The House Bunny and the upcoming movie musical Hello, Again. She is repped by APA, Untitled Entertainment and Gang Tyre.
The casting comes as Empire nears its winter finale, which airs Dec. 14. The hip-hop drama will return for the second half of its third season on March 22. Lee Daniels’ girl group drama Star will take over Empire‘s time slot beginning in January.
Empire airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day