- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Encore will tell the story of the Hindenburg.
The cable network in March will broadcast Hindenburg: The Last Flight, the story of the 1930s disaster that ended with the deaths of 35 passengers and one on the ground.
The mini will be broadcast over two nights, March 11 and 12 from 8-10 p.m., and air as part of Encore’s Big Miniseries Showcase block.
Stacy Keach (The Bourne Legacy) stars in the period drama about the Hindenburg, the so-called pride of Nazi Germany and the fictional account of the 1937 story of the passenger airship that caught fire and was destroyed in its attempt to dock in New Jersey. The cause of the explosion remains unclear.
Maximilian Simonichek stars as Merten Kroger, an engineer who led the design of the iconic zeppelin; Lauren Lee Smith (CSI) plays Jennifer van Zandt, the daughter of industralist Edward van Zandt (Keach), the American oil man who would stop at nothing in his quest for wealth — even if it meant putting those aboard the Hindenburg in danger.
For Encore, the mini comes a few months after Encore broadcast Thorne, a mini starring Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy) and David Morrissey (The Walking Dead).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day