- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Canada’s Entertainment One has inked a deal to acquire U.K. unscripted program producer Daisybeck Studios.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but Daisybeck Studios’ founder and managing director Paul Stead will continue to run his indie shingle under eOne’s corporate umbrella. Daisybeck, based in Leeds, is best known for unscripted TV titles like The Yorkshire Vet, Springtime on the Farm, Big Week at the Zoo and Made in Britain.
The acquisition also comes as British broadcaster Channel Four is set to move its national headquarters from London to Leeds, in the north of England.
“Paul and his team have built a best-in-class business by focusing their efforts in the unscripted arena on what they do incredibly well, and we believe their current and future projects along with their existing catalog align well with the continued strategic growth plans of our unscripted business in the U.K. and beyond,” said Tara Long, eOne’s president, global unscripted television, in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant