- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One said Monday that it has acquired a 70 percent controlling stake in Whizz Kid Entertainment, the U.K. non-scripted TV production company behind such series as Lip Sync Battle U.K. and MTV’s Ex on the Beach.
The company paid 6.9 million pounds ($9.7 million), including 5.0 million pounds ($7.1 million) in cash and the rest in stock. eOne can acquire the remaining 30 percent stake after a five-year period.
The news came as TV industry representatives came together in Cannes for the annual international market MIPTV.
For the year ended March 31, 2017, Whizz Kid reported revenue of 14.2 million pounds ($20.0 million) and profit before tax of 3.3 million pounds ($4.7 million).
“The addition of Whizz Kid to eOne’s non-scripted television business gives us a strong footing in one of the most creative markets in the world,” said eOne CEO Darren Throop. “I’m pleased to welcome Malcolm, Lisa and the Whizz Kid team to the group, and I’m excited about how this new relationship will deliver great new series on both sides of the Atlantic.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day