- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One is pacting with U.K. regional funding giant Creative England to make TV dramas for worldwide distribution.
The Canadian-based indie studio, which continues to expand its U.K. footprint with the new British TV fund, will tap regional producers and Creative England’s production cash pools to generate an original TV drama slate. The eOne and Creative England TV drama venture is looking for a top executive to lead the new venture.
“As we ramp up our production activity in the U.K. and build on successful first-look and production deals with television creators, this partnership supports our increasing focus on developing the best content from diverse creative resources and delivering it to our international partners,” said Carrie Stein, executive vp global production at eOne Television, on Tuesday in a statement.
eOne will handle worldwide distribution outside the U.K. for the original TV drama slate. Back in North America, eOne Television distributes shows like The Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels, while Creative England has backed U.K. series like Happy Valley and Dancing on the Edge.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day