- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One has launched a TV development and production arm in Australia.
The Canadian indie producer/distributor three years ago acquired Oz distributor Hopscotch to become part of its international film-releasing network. Now, the Canadian indie has named Jude Troy, managing director of home entertainment, to the newly created post of executive vp TV development and acquisitions in Australia and New Zealand.
The Sydney-based production shingle will see Troy work with eOne Television president Stuart Baxter and Carrie Stein, executive vp global production, to exploit TV content and production opportunities down under. Former Sony Pictures exec Baxter earlier this year boarded eOne to oversee the distribution of feature films and TV programs, based in London.
“With distribution in virtually every market as well as home entertainment divisions to support this, we are in an ideal place to attract the finest talent and premium projects from Australia and New Zealand, growing the company locally and feeding into the international eOne pipeline,” Troy said on Sunday in a statement.
The jump to Australia TV development and production was unveiled by Troy Lum, managing director of eOne Films Australia; and eOne Television CEO John Morayniss.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day