- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Entourage star Adrian Grenier is gearing up to say goodbye to his HBO series after eight seasons.
The comedy — which also stars Jeremy Piven, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon and Jerry Ferrara — has its final season premiere Sunday.
PHOTOS: Behind the ScenesTHR‘s ‘Entourage’ Roundtable
Here are five things to know about the actor:
1. He studied molecular biology in college. Grenier attended Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., where he spent time in the science lab before discovering that drama was his passion. He made his film debut in the 1997 indie drama Arresting Gena and two years later co-starred with Melissa Joan Hart in the movie Drive Me Crazy (he also appeared in a Britney Spears video for the soundtrack).
THR: COVER STORY: ‘Entourage’: 10 Never-Told Secrets
3. He is self-deprecating about his looks. The actor, who is of European and Apache descent, calls himself a “Native American white boy.” As for his looks, “I have a sizable head,” he has said. “All my features are big — big eyebrows, big nose, big lips, big old tender earlobes, big hair. I have a lot of presence.”
STORY: ‘Entourage’ Final Season Details Revealed
4. He was estranged from his father for 18 years. Grenier didn’t know his dad, John Dunbar, when he was growing up. In 2001, he set out to reconnect with his father and chronicled the efforts in a documentary, A Shot in the Dark, made with his friend Jonathan Davidson. The two successfully reunited and have stayed in touch. “My father makes me feel safe and complete,” Grenier has said. “Maybe I can do that for a child someday.”
5. He supports environmental causes. Grenier not only starred in the unscripted show Alter Eco, an eco lifestyle and makeover series that aired on Planet Green, but also has been seen holding signs that read “Green is gold” for paparazzi.
STORY: How ‘Entourage,’ ‘Smallville’ Writers Tackled Their Series Finales
STORY: ‘Entourage’ Ending: Long-Running HBO Hit Films Final Scenes
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day