- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One has renewed the contract for John Morayniss, head of the Canadian producer and distributor’s TV arm.
Terms of his new long-term agreement were not disclosed, but it will run through 2018. Morayniss, CEO of eOne Television and based in Los Angeles, has since 2008 overseen the company’s growth in TV production.
He will continue to oversee TV development, production, financing, licensing and worldwide distribution for both original and third party scripted and unscripted programming. eOne’s investment in TV production exceeded $250 million last year, according to the indie studio.
The slate of original and third-party series the Toronto-based company handles includes The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Rookie Blue, Rogue, Klondike, Bitten and Welcome to Sweden. “The future of both eOne and the global content business is ripe with opportunity and innovation and I am proud to continue to lead the talented eOne Television team,” said Morayniss in a statement Tuesday.
Jan. 27, 2:35 p.m. Updated to clarify John Morayniss’ role as CEO of eOne Television.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day