- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One has closed multiple deals across Europe for the Canadian TV series Cardinal, with the BBC picking up the hit crime drama for the U.K. eOne also closed deals for Cardinal with C More in Scandinavia and Calle 13 in Spain.
Cardinal stars Billy Campbell (The Killing) and Karine Vanasse (Revenge) in a crime mystery tale based on the John Cardinal Mysteries novels from author Giles Blunt. The series begins with the discovery of Katie Pine, a missing 13-year-old whose body is found in the shaft-head of an abandoned mine.
Cardinal was a ratings hit in its native land, becoming the most-watched debut of any Canadian series in the 2016/17 broadcast season. Its premiere was Canada’s highest rated show of in live-plus-same-day viewing and number one its time slot across all key demos. The series is produced by Sienna Films and eOne in association with Bell Media’s CTV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day