- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Wright has recruited one of his former unscripted execs to Epix.
Rachel Brill, who previously served as senior vp unscripted development at Turner-owned TNT and TBS, has been recruited to serve as head of unscripted programming for the MGM-owned cable network. The hire will reunite former TNT and TBS president Wright and Brill years after Wright left the Turner brand.
In her new post, Brill will serve as senior vp and head of unscripted, reporting to Wright and based in Epix’s Los Angeles offices. She begins her new role immediately and will be charged with developing and producing all documentaries and unscripted series. Brill and Wright spent three years together at TNT and TBS, and she also held posts at Lloyd Braun’s Whalerock Industries. Brill most recently co-created and executive produced Ritual, an Amazon docuseries. She started her career at Zoo Productions, where she was instrumental in Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, among other projects.
Brill is Wright’s latest hire as the former Amblin CEO continues to form his executive staff after joining the company as president in November. She joins Nancy Cotton, who was hired in February to serve as head of scripted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day