- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network will air unseen portions from Burgundy’s interview with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning prior to the release of the Paramount sequel on Dec. 18.
“There will be additional elements from Ron Burgundy’s Peyton Manning interview, conducted for ESPN The Magazine, in the coming days across platforms,” an ESPN spokesperson stated to The Hollywood Reporter.
The ESPN The Magazine interview was teased as a prelude to Ferrell’s fictional local anchorman hosting SportsCenter Thursday at 6 p.m. ET along with David Koechner as Champ Kind.
The SportsCenter appearance by Burgundy was canceled by ESPN in anticipation of the Thursday announcement by the Florida State Attorney’s office on the sexual assault allegations leveled at college quarterback Jameis Winston. (The office declined to charge Winston, attorney Willie Meggs announced in televised remarks.)
ESPN’s director of communications, David Scott, stated Wednesday on Twitter that, “As of this time, there is no reschedule date” for the SportsCenter appearance.
Will Ferrell has been relentless in promoting Anchorman: The Legend Continues, appearing in character at major awards events, on local newscasts and in web ads in anticipation of the film’s release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day