- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW has found its prince and he’s the grandson of an Academy Award winner.
Gregory Peck‘s grandson Ethan Peck has been tapped to star opposite Friday Night Lights‘ Aimee Teegarden in The Selection, the youth-skewing network’s Hunger Games-ish drama pilot, a source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the series is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. The Vampire Diaries‘ Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the drama, which hails from Warner Bros. Television.
Teegarden will play a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. For his part, Peck will play the handsome and regal Prince Maxon, whom the girls are competing to marry.
Peck is best known for playing Heath Ledger‘s part in ABC Family’s TV adaptation of 10 Things I Hate About You.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day