- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star of the Syfy drama — which will kick off its fifth and final season in April — has been tapped to star in Like Father, the Fox comedy pilot loosely inspired by Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence‘s relationship with his father.
The single-camera project, which will be written, directed and executive produced by Lawrence, revolves around 19-year-old Will Lyons who comes of age in the shadow of his 39-year-old father, Van (Ferguson) as his dad infiltrates his college life and influences his friends.
Ferguson stars as Sheriff Jack Carter on Syfy’s Eureka, which the cable network canceled in August after briefly committing to an abbreviated sixth season. Lawrence has long wanted to work with the actor, whose credits also include episodes of My Boys and CSI: Miami, but his commitment to the Syfy series made it logistically impossible.
He’s repped by Oscars Abrams Zimel & Associates and Jackoway Tyerman.
The third season of Lawrence’s ABC comedy Cougar Town premiered this week after initially being left off ABC’s midseason schedule, returning to lackluster ratings. Eureka returns in April to Syfy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day