- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime has found the leads for its upcoming horror drama series Penny Dreadful.
Eva Green and Josh Hartnett will star in the drama from John Logan, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Penny Dreadful was created by three-time Oscar nominee Logan (Hugo, The Aviator, Gladiator), who is on board to write and executive produce alongside Academy Award winner Sam Mendes and Neal Street’s Pippa Harris (Revolutionary Road). The psycho-sexual horror series will begin production in the fall in London.
Hartnett will play Ethan Chandler, a man of action and daring who isn’t afraid of violence. He’s charming and brash, but there are demons behind his eyes. He’s more complicated than he likes to admit.
Green will play Vanessa, the singular female of the story. She’s enigmatic with haunted eyes and utterly composed. She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and the heroine of the series.
Production will begin in October; the series is set to debut in the spring.
Hartnett’s credits include Pearl Harbor and 40 Days and 40 Nights. Green’s credits include Casino Royale and Kingdom of Heaven. Her TV credits include the miniseries Camelot.
Hartnett is repped by IFA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer; Green is with UTA and Tavistock Wood Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day