- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Longoria Bastón and Washington are also producing via their respective shingles, UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and Simpson Street. UnbeliEVAble’s Ben Spector is also a producer.
Sarah Rothschild wrote the script, which tells of a group of women accountants who band together against a group of male co-workers to solve a fraud case that will save their jobs. The project is said to be in the tone of 9 to 5, the classic 1980 female-centric workplace comedy starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton.
Universal vp production Sara Scott and creative exec Christine Sun are overseeing 24-7 for the studio, while vp Will Rack is shepherding development for UnbeliEVAble. Executive vp Pilar Savone is running point for Simpson Street.
The directing move is a jump for Longoria Bastón, but one for which she has been training. The actress, who is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Group, has helmed numerous episodes of television shows such as Black-ish, Jane the Virgin, The Mick, LA to Vegas, Telenovela and the upcoming ABC series Grand Hotel, which she also is producing. On the acting side, Longoria Bastón just wrapped filming Paramount’s live-action take on Dora the Explorer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy