- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eva Longoria is trying her hand at directing. The actress and producer will go behind the camera for the second season premiere of Lifetime’s Devious Maids — which returns on April 20.
Longoria, who EPs the soap with her Desperate Housewives boss Marc Cherry, goes to work on the sophomore run when it resumes filming in mid-January. And Cherry, who appeared at the Television Critics Association winter press tour alongside his cast, also promised that Longoria will eventually appear on the show.
“Eva Longoria will not just be buried in a cameo,” said Cherry, who is looking for ways to get his former leading lady back on TV. Very optimistic about the series’ long-term prospects, Cherry added that he wasn’t sure if that appearance would happen during the second season or later on down the road.
Not resting on her laurels since the 2012 end of Desperate Housewives, Longoria has been busy producing television. In addition to her work on Devious Maids, she produced and voiced cartoon Mother Up! and produced NBC reality series Ready for Love.
During development season, she also sold two projects to NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day