- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Reed is back in action!
Fairly Legal returns for its sophomore season on Friday, March 16 at 9 p.m. on USA Network and the often unpredictable — and unorthodox — mediator, played by Sarah Shahi, will have to work her way back up to the good graces of those around her. (In last season’s finale, Kate was fired from her job.) Think that’s easy enough of a task? Think again.
In an exclusive sneak preview to The Hollywood Reporter of season 2, new trial lawyer Ben (Ryan Johnson) proves to be a thorn on Kate’s side, who meet innocently at a bar at the start of the new season. “Do you believe in fate,” a suave Ben asks Kate. “Wow, was that a line,” she fires back. “I do believe in fate and I believe she’s a fickle bitch.”
Unbeknownst to the two of them, they’re forced to work together at San Francisco law firm Kate’s father founded. When they find out they’ll have to tolerate each other, Ben retorts: “You fickle bitch.” If that’s a hint of what’s to come between the two peas in a pod, season 2 looks to be explosive. (Case in point: One comedic scene where Kate throws Ben’s phone into the bay.)
And who knew Kate and Lauren (Virginia Williams) may actually see eye to eye for once?
Fairy Legal premieres March 16 at 9 p.m. on USA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day