- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Newcomer Elliot Fletcher has boarded the Carter Covington comedy and will recur in the show’s upcoming third season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Fletcher will portray Noah, a transgender character who is charismatic, confident and hip and is equal parts charming and vulnerable. He’s is the boy next door with a leather jacket and a rock ‘n’ roll attitude who plays guitar or bass for a band that competes in a battle of the bands contest.
Fletcher earned the role after a Covington and stars Rita Volk and Katie Stevens released a casting call on YouTube looking for trans actors and actresses to help bolster the show about acceptance and inclusion. Gregg Sulkin, Michael Willett and Bailey De Young round out the cast.
The series, which has won a GLAAD Award, features gay, straight, bisexual and intersexed characters and, with the addition of Fletcher’ and his character, will soon add transgender to that list.
Fletcher is repped by Gregory David Mayo.
A premiere date for Faking It season three has not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day