- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier soared in its second week, becoming the most watched original streaming series in terms of total viewing time.
The Disney+ show starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan totaled 628 million minutes of watch time in the week of March 22-28, a 27 percent gain over its premiere week. It ranked third among all titles on Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, behind the Netflix libraries of NCIS (725 million minutes) and Criminal Minds (656 million).
Hulu had its first entry in the original rankings with Solar Opposites, whose second season premiered March 26. The animated comedy racked up 196 million minutes of viewing time, good for 10th place. Netflix’s Sherlock Holmes-adjacent YA show The Irregulars ranked second among originals for the week with 424 million minutes. The previous week’s top original, Ginny & Georgia, dropped down to third with 390 million minutes of viewing time.
The No. 1 movie on the four measured platforms for the week was Bad Trip, Eric Andre and Lil Rel Howery’s road trip/prank comedy on Netflix. Zack Snyder’s Justice League and other HBO Max titles aren’t regularly included in Nielsen’s weekly rankings.
Streaming platforms contend Nielsen’s methodology doesn’t capture the full scope of viewing on devices other than TV sets. Nielsen also only measures U.S. audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only includes Amazon, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix in its rankings.
Nielsen’s streaming top 10s for March 22-28 are below. Original streaming films are marked with an asterisk.
1. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+), 628 million minutes viewed
2. The Irregulars (Netflix), 424 million
3. Ginny & Georgia (Netflix), 390 million
4. Who Killed Sara? (Netflix), 363 million
5. The Crown (Netflix), 327 million
6. Country Comfort (Netflix), 253 million
7. Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix), 237 million
8. The One (Netflix), 217 million
9. Longmire (Netflix), 200 million
10. Solar Opposites (Hulu), 196 million
1. NCIS (Netflix), 725 million minutes
2. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 656 million
3. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 610 million
4. Cocomelon (Netflix), 599 million
5. Heartland (Netflix), 453 million
6. Schitt’s Creek (Netflix), 402 million
7. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 352 million
8. Supernatural (Netflix), 343 million
9. Good Girls (Netflix), 282 million
10. Henry Danger (Netflix), 281 million
1. Bad Trip (Netflix), 308 million
2. Yes Day* (Netflix), 264 million
3. Deadly Illusions* (Netflix), 240 million
4. Operation Varsity Blues* (Netflix), 227 million
5. Moana (Disney+), 207 million
6. Secret Magic Control Agency* (Netflix), 201 million
7. Raya and the Last Dragon* (Disney+), 194 million
8. Savages (Netflix), 162 million
9. Coming 2 America* (Amazon), 154 million
10. Jiu Jitsu (Netflix), 139 million
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day