- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has renewed Falling Skies for a second season.
The Noah Wyle-starring sci-fi drama debuted to 5.9 million total viewers, cable’s top series launch this year. The 10-episode second season is slated to air summer 2012.
“Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. “We’re reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next.”
Falling Skies follows the aftermath of an invasion of an alien military force on Earth and is executive produced by Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television.
With Live + 7, Falling Skies drew 8 million to its premiere on Sunday, June 19 and averaged 3.8 million in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 4.5 million in 25-54.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day