- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That didn’t take long.
A week after seemingly killing off beloved family pooch Brian, Fox’s Family Guy has added new dog Vinnie (voiced by The Sopranos’ Tony Sirico) into its opening credits.
During the Nov. 24 “Life of Brian” episode, the Seth MacFarlane-produced series shocked fans when Brian, the Griffin family’s sophisticated talking dog, was struck by a car and run over. Attempts to revive the canine failed and the Griffins adopted Vinnie.
Fans have petitioned the series to bring back Brian, with more than 128,000 people calling on Fox to return the beloved character to the family. And they may get their wish during the Dec. 15 episode, titled “Christmas Guy,” in which Fox says “Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.”
Check out the new opening credits, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Do you think Brian will be back? Family Guy airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day