- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATED: OK, for those who complained that the first trailer wasn’t actually, you know, funny, here’s a second Jedi trailer with actual jokes in it:
It’s here and it’s not a trap.
Below is the trailer for Family Guy‘s long-awaited Return of the Jedi parody.
Studio 20th Century Fox screened a hilarious nine minutes of this at Comic-Con and we’ve been after it ever since. Here’s a 90-second version that plays close to a shot-by-shot remake of the original Empire trailer.
Like with Seth McFarlane and Co.’s Empire Strikes Back spoof, the studio is first releasing title first on DVD next month (Dec. 21, Amazon pre-order link).
This is the third and final Star Wars parody from MacFarlane, who swore at Comic-Con that the popular spoofs would not continue into the prequels.
“This last one almost killed us,” he said. “It would be too expensive. The problem is we try to be as faithful as possible to the look of those movies and to do that with the prequels, I don’t think TV budgets have reached that level yet.”
Alex Borstein, who plays Lois, added, “That, and they sucked.”
Video will include deleted scenes, the Family Guy Comic-Con panel, original voice-over skit and more.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Thomas Brodie Sangster