- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The stage is setting the table for Family Ties.
The Araca Group announced Monday plans to adapt the ‘80s television series into a new play, which is set to make its world premiere in June 2017.
Daniel Goldstein will pen the book, which will draw from the entire series arc. Produced under license from CBS Consumer Products, the production is slated to debut June 1-25 at The Human Race Theatre in Dayton, Ohio, in homage to the series’ original Ohio setting.
“We are thrilled to be premiering Family Ties in the home state of the Keaton family,” said Michael Barra, president, media and entertainment at The Araca Group. “Family Ties is a timeless comedy featuring a close-knit American family with vastly differing interests and politics, which very much resonates in America today. And Danny is the ideal collaborator to bring these beloved characters and their stories to the stage.”
Casting will be announced at a later date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day