- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FEARnet is 1-for-1 with its original programming.
The horror and thriller cable network has renewed Holliston, its first scripted offering, for a second season, FEARnet announced Tuesday.
The early renewal comes after the ’80s comedy, created by and starring Adam Green, has aired two episodes in its Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. slot. Season 2 will bow in summer 2013.
“Holliston resonates with both genre junkies and more mainstream comedy fans alike, making our first push into original programming a successful attempt for diversifying our schedule and showing the breadth of our audience,” FEARnet president and GM Peter Block said in a statement announcing the news.
Despite being on a horror-themed network, Green told THR earlier this month that Holliston isn’t dark, frightening or disturbing — it’s just a comedy that happens to take place in the horror world.
“Society forgets sometimes that horror fans aren’t all about realistic violence or sadistic disturbing imagery,” he said. “It’s about time that horror fans were represented as main characters and real people within the world of a traditional multicamera sitcom; we’ve always been the off-beat supporting characters or sight-gags.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day