- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hungry for NBC’s Hannibal? Here’s an amuse bouche.
The network has released the first teaser trailer for the new crime drama based on Thomas Harris‘ Hannibal Lecter character, and the results look suitably dark.
The series, from Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller, revolves around brilliant FBI profiler Will Graham — the protagonist of Harris’ 1981 novel Red Dragon — played here by Hugh Dancy. Graham joins agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) on the hunt for a serial killer who, among other things, impales his victims on deer antlers.
The pair consult with Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen, the villainous Le Chiffre in 2006’s Casino Royale), who in the prequel series is still practicing as a therapist, his cannibalistic crimes yet to be discovered.
The show was picked up straight to series last year, and will take over the time-slot recently vacated by Do No Harm beginning Thursday, April 4 at 10 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day