- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She will guest-star on CW’s The Flash as Brie Larvan, described as a reimagining of the classic DC villain Bertram Larvan (Bug-Eyed Bandit). In the comics, the Bug-Eyed Bandit was an inventor who created an army of mechanical insects to do his bidding. He traditionally has been a nemesis of the Atom, played by Brandon Routh on Arrow.
Kinney will appear in episode 18 this year, which will also guest-star Arrow‘s Routh and Emily Bett Rickards, who plays Felicity). The Flash version of the villain is described as a narcissistic tech wizard whom Felicity must have a hacker battle against to save the Flash’s (Grant Gustin) life.
Kinney played teenager Beth Greene on AMC’s The Walking Dead for three seasons, from 2011-2014, developing a rabid fan base. In December, fans launched a Change.org petition to bring her back to the show. It gained more than 60,000 signatures.
Kinney’s Beth made a surprise return during Sunday’s season-five midseason premiere. Since leaving The Walking Dead, she also has booked a guest spot on ABC’s Forever.
The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day