- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Flash has found Pied Piper.
Smash alum and Chasing Life actor Andy Mientus has boarded The CW’s Arrow spinoff as the openly gay DC villain in a multi-episode arc, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. He will appear in the 11th and 12th episodes.
Hartley Rathaway, who later becomes Pied Piper and a member of the Rogues, is a genius who used to work at STAR Labs until he had a falling out with the mysterious Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh), the brains and money behind the particle accelerator. Following the explosion that created the metahumans, Hartley lost his hearing but started creating sonic weapons that he uses to destroy Harrison’s latest creation: The Flash (Grant Gustin).
Mientus is the latest addition to a guest cast that includes Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, original heroine Amanda Pays as Dr. Tina McGee, Dominic Purcell as Heatwave and Clancy Brown as General Wade Eiling.
The Flash made a huge splash for The CW on Oct. 7, premiering to a massive 4.8 million viewers and a 1.9 rating among the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic — the second-biggest debut for the network behind The Vampire Diaries.
TVLine first reported the news.
The Flash airs on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day