- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW has unveiled a first look at Teddy Sears as classic Speedster Jay Garrick — and appropriately the image pays homage to the comics.
The image features Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) running alongside Jay, with the two actors recreating the cover to the 1961 “Flash of Two Worlds” storyline, which first introduced Earth-Two, an alternate Earth that is a mainstay of DC Comics mythology.
The Flash is delving deep into that mythology in season two, with the producers revealing at Comic-Con that the show will introduce Earth-Two, which features alternate heroes and villains. Among those new heroes is Jay Garrick, who in comic book lore was the original fastest man alive. In the show, he will arrive in Central City to warn Barry and his STAR Labs friends of an impending danger that he needs help to stop.
Other new faces for season two include Keiynan Lonsdale as speedster Wally West, sci-fi veteran Michael Ironside as the abusive father to Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller).
The Flash returns for season two Oct. 6 on The CW at 8 p.m.
For comparison’s sake, here’s the original comic book cover next to the new image.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day