- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Ryan Hardy wants answers, he demands them.
In a scene from Monday’s The Following, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, Ryan (Kevin Bacon) squares off against notorious serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) to get information from Joe about Maggie’s (Virginia Kull) connection to the location of Claire Matthews’ (Natalie Zea) kidnapped son Joey.
Ryan and Joe have a lot of history, the origin of which is established in this past Monday’s episode, but the interrogation in “Mad Love” is still fraught with tension.
Ryan just can’t seem to wrap his head around Joe’s grand master plan (he must have one, right?) and says point-blank, “I just can’t see the brilliance of all this,” calling everything that has happened up until now “amateur hour.”
“It seems beneath you to go after such easy targets,” Ryan continues. “I don’t follow,” Joe replies with a smirk.
Once Joe brings up Maggie’s name, Ryan’s ears perk up. After all, he’s fishing for more information about her — and Joe knows it. Watch what happens next.
The Following airs 9 p.m. Mondays on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day