- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CBS is keeping Alana De La Garza busy.
Fresh off the beloved but low-rated ABC drama Forever, the actress has joined Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders as a series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The casting comes on the heels of her upcoming recurring role on another CBS drama, Scorpion. Although the sophomore series will return in the fall, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders won’t debut until midseason.
Beyond Borders, the second attempt at a Criminal Minds spinoff, follows a division of the FBI that helps American citizens in danger overseas. De La Garza will play Clara Seger, a well-traveled field agent who speaks an impressive number of languages and is also an excellent judge of character. She returns to the International Response Team after a two-year sabbatical.
Gary Sinise, Tyler James Williams and Daniel Henney also star.
De La Garza’s addition comes in the wake of Anna Gunn‘s departure. The Emmy winner exited the project after appearing in the backdoor pilot.
Beyond Borders, which hails from ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios, was created by Criminal Minds showrunner Erica Messer. She will executive produce with Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper.
De La Garza’s other credits include Law & Order and its short-lived spinoff Law & Order: Los Angeles.
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders premieres midseason on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day