- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The younger-skewing Disney-owned cable network is set to conclude the GLAAD Award-winning drama’s five-season run with a three-night limited series event in the summer. At the same time, Freeform has handed out a straight-to-series 13-episode order for a spinoff starring Maia Mitchell (Callie) and Cierra Ramirez (Mariana) as they embark on the next phase of their young adult lives.
The 10-episode second half of season five will return Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Freeform and include the landmark 100th episode. The three-night limited series finale event will air in the summer and lead directly into the new series starring Mitchell and Ramirez, who played adopted siblings in the Foster family. The original Fosters producing team — Bredeweg, Paige and Johnson as well as exec producer Jennifer Lopez — will return for the finale event as well as the untitled spinoff. Additional casting for the spinoff will be announced later.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day