- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is going up in the air with Sheldon Turner.
The network has handed out a script commitment to The Ultimate Getaway, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama centers on a commercial airline crew who, in an effort to escape the drudgery of their everyday lives, use their layovers to commit robberies in different cities across the country.
Kevin Costello will pen the script, which reunites the scribe with Epic Fail‘s Turner — an Oscar nominee for Up in the Air — and Jennifer Klein. The drama hails from Sony Pictures Television, where the duo’s Vendetta Productions banner is under an overall deal. Turner will supervise the drama and exec produce alongside Klein and Seth Gordon (The Goldbergs, Marry Me).
Ultimate Getaway marks the latest sale for Vendetta. The banner also has a medical drama set up at ABC with David Marshall Grant and an adaptation of Walter Kirn‘s Blood Will Out, among others, in the works.
In addition to his Academy Award nomination for adapting Up in the Air, Turner’s credits include X-Men: First Class and The Longest Yard. He’s repped by CAA. Costello is with Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day