- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
A two-hour American Idol top 13 performance show last night gave Fox an easy win with an 8.0 rating in the demo and 24.2 million viewers overall. Compared to last Wednesday’s installment, Idol was up 3% in the demo and 6% in total viewers. So far this season, Idol is down 5% in the demo, while it has maintained its total viewer average of 24.7 million.
CBS was a distant second for the night (2.4, 9.4 million) with Survivor: Redemption Island (3.2, 10.9 million) down a tick (3%) week-to-week; a rerun of Criminal Minds (1.8, 8.2 million); and a new episode of Suspect Behavior (2.2, 9.0 million) winning the 10 p.m. timeslot but falling 15% without a new episode of Criminal Minds as its lead-in.
ABC (1.6, 4.9 million) was third for the night with mostly reruns of its comedy lineup. But Mr. Sunshine (1.8, 4.7 million), which aired an original episode at 9:30 p.m. behind a Modern Family rerun, was down 25% compared to last week. And 10 p.m. medical drama Off the Map (1.4, 4.3 million) continues to bleed viewers, falling 18% for a series low.
Univision was fourth for the night averaging a 1.5 rating in the demo with 4.0 million viewers. And NBC (1.1, 4.0 million) sunk to fifth with game show Minute to Win It (1.0, 3.4 million) flat compared to last Wednesday’s 9 p.m. telecast and tied as its series low. Back-to-back reruns of Law & Order: SVU averaged a 0.9 and a 1.4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day