- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Empire may be taking a few months off after the upcoming Dec. 2 midseason finale, but Fox is not altogether done with its mega-hit for this calendar year. The network announced Monday that stars Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard are getting their own holiday specials.
Taraji and Terrence’s (wait for it) White Hot Holidays will air in Empire‘s regular time slot on Wednesday, Dec. 9, and feature performances by Mary J. Blige, John Legend and Jamie Foxx — among several other unannounced special guests. The hourlong special will also feature a special duet by the hosts.
It’s a fitting end for Empire‘s blockbuster year. The drama’s exceptional January premiere and its ensuing rise has seen the two stars become the face of the network.
The special also gives Fox its own, personal version of the holiday specials that pop up across the Big Four dial in the month of December. NBC, in particular, has been aggressive in that space with the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center, Michael Buble’s variety special and its annual live musical telecast (The Wiz).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day