- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is getting into the spy business with former Bones producer Karyn Usher.
The first-place network has ordered to pilot an untitled spy drama from Usher revolving around the orphaned 17-year-old daughter of a CIA operative who is recruited to become an operative herself.
From 20th Television and Marty Adelstein and Shawn Levy‘s 21 Laps/Adelstein Productions, Usher will write and exec produce alongside Adelstein, Levy and Becky Clements.
The project is the second female-driven spy drama to land a pilot order at Fox this season, joining Josh Friedman‘s (The Finder) CIA project.
The project marks the fourth drama ordered to pilot behind Greg Berlanti‘s Guilty, Kevin Williamson‘s untitled serial killer drama and Friedman’s spy piece.
Usher, whose credits also include Prison Break and The Playboy Club, is repped by UTA.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day