- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox News Channel will hosts its second GOP debate on Jan. 28, the network announced Monday. The debate will take place in Des Moines, Iowa, ahead of that state’s Republican caucuses on Feb. 1.
As they did for the first GOP debate last August, Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace will return as moderators. The two-hour debate will be broadcast live at 9 p.m. ET on FNC with coverage on Fox News Radio and the network’s mobile network.
Sister network Fox Business Network also will host a second GOP debate on Jan. 14 in South Carolina, an early primary state. Meanwhile, it’s still unclear if NBC News’ schedule debate for February will go forward after the RNC suspended the debate in the wake of last month’s controversial CNBC faceoff. But executives at NBC News are optimistic that they will be able to work out a compromise with the party leadership and the campaigns.
Qualifying criteria for the Fox News debate has yet to be been announced. The Republican primary field has thinned with Lindsey Graham, who never did make it to the main debate stage, announcing today that he is suspending his campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day