- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During its upfront presentation to advertisers, Fox News intends to switch target from rival cable news networks and focus instead the likes of USA and TNT.
bigger and better than any other cable- news network. Now that it’s
crushed that competition in ratings (if not in CPMs), the network
intends to pitch itself against mainstream cable networks — and
convince media buyers cable news isn’t a downscale ad buy and that its
audience consists of more than Republican retirees.
While winning in the ratings, Fox News has traditional pulled lower ad rates than CNN due to the latter being seen as having a more upscale audience. If Fox News can convince advertisers its viewership is increasingly akin to a mainstream network like USA, the potential upside for the News Corp. network is huge.
Also of note in the story: The No. 2 advertiser on Fox News? Pharmaceutical company Pfizer. Perhaps Glenn Beck fans need little blue pills to help with all that teabagging.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day